2022 State of the Restaurant Industry
Over the past two years, the restaurant industry has been met with challenge after challenge. While we aren’t quite over the hill yet, 2022 is looking to be a year of transition and growth.
This week, Hudson Riehle joins us to discuss the 2022 State of the Industry report and how the culture of restaurants continues to evolve to meet the needs of consumers.
- (1:40) - Research and knowledge group
- (2:50) - What's in store for 2022
- (6:08) - The rise of quick-service dining
- (10:20) - The fall of on-premise dining
- (14:42) - The next generation of restaurant goers
- (17:11) - What's Hot survey
- (20:28) - Points of access
- (22:14) - Travel and tourism
- (24:18) - Employment outlook for restaurants
- (26:00) - Depressed income environment
- (29:06) - Efficiency and variety
- (31:51) - Advocating for funding
If you'd like to receive new episodes as they're published, please subscribe to Order Up in Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify or wherever you get your podcasts. If you enjoyed this episode, please consider leaving a review in Apple Podcasts. It really helps others find the show.