Blueprints for Restaurant Revival, State and Local Recovery
The Association sent a Restaurant Industry Blueprint for Recovery to Congress, outlining specific and immediate action the federal government can take to help restaurants and employees confront and overcome the lingering COVID-19 crisis.
View the Federal Blueprint.
Restaurants are the largest employer in many states and cities, and decisive action on recovery by local leaders is also a critical part of the industry’s future. The Association also developed a State Blueprint, encouraging lawmakers to take action that will help restaurants survive winter months and the remainder of the pandemic.
The State Blueprint includes 11 detailed steps lawmakers can take, including:
• Safeguard tax treatment to prevent any unforeseen liability of federal relief funds.
• Establish grants to save restaurants.
• Provide property tax relief.
• Make alcohol to-go a permanent option for restaurants.
• Enact pandemic liability protections.
View the State and Local Blueprint.